The Sheffield Arena is one of the country's largest indoor entertainment venues, with a capacity of over 13,600. Therefore on the day of the event heavy and slow moving traffic can be expected on all approaches. The Arena recommends its customers to arrive early and where possible to use public transport - in particular the tram park and ride facilities as the Arena has its own supertram stop - where possible additional trams will be laid on after the concert to meet demand.
For further Supertram park and ride details visit http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/parkandridesheffield/.
Getting to the Venue by Car
From the North
- Leave the M1 at Junction 34, signed Sheffield A6109 (Meadowhall).
- Take the fourth exit from the roundabout signed Sheffield Centre.
- When travelling from this direction we recommend you use Car Park A on the A6178 Attercliffe Road. Stay on the A6178 Attercliffe Road going through the lights and then at the next set of lights take the first left into the bottom entrance of Car Park A.
- Depending upon traffic flow and how full the car park is you could also enter via Car Park B Entrance on Broughton Lane. From the Motorway follow signs for Sheffield Centre (A6109) for 1.5 miles and then fliter left following signs to the Ring Road A6102 Broughton Lane and enter the car park by turning into the Arena on the right.
From The South
- Leave the M1 at Junction 33.
- Take the first exit at the roundabout on to the A630 (Sheffield).
- Continue for 2.5 miles until the exit marked Ring Road (services).
- Follow signs for the ring Road straight over a small roundabout.
- Turn right at the next roundabout onto the Ring Road/Meadowhall (A6178).
- Follow this road for 2 miles to Motorpoint Arena, which is located on the left.
- When travelling from this direction we recommend you to use Car Park B (Broughton Lane) and Car Park C (Great Central)
The Arena/ Don Valley tram stop is linked to the Mororpoint Arena by it’s own footpath and it is only a two minute walk. Trams travel to the Arena away from road traffic giving a fast, smooth, and reliable way to arrive at your event. A conductor is on every tram so there is no need to buy a ticket before you board.
If part of your journey needs to be by car, why not Park & Ride? Most trams to the Arena travel away from local roads, bypassing traffic. For more information on travelling to the Arena by Supertram click here.
The Arena is served by several bus routes click here to visit the Travel South Yorkshire website.
Mercury Taxis are Sheffield's Premier taxi company - contact them on 0114 266 2662 or visit their web site for prices and more information.
East Midland Trains - The Arena has two rail stations within easy reach of the venue.
Sheffield's main railway station is situated in the City Centre - Sheaf Street, Sheffield, S1 2BP - and is approximately a 10 minute taxi or Supertram journey to the venue.
An alternative station is available at Meadowhall Interchange - which has a Supertram link to the venue - approximately a 5 minute Supertram journey to the venue.
For further information on rail travel visit East Midlands Trains official website.
Motorpoint Arena is just a short drive away from Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield. Robin Hood Airport is the UK's newest Airport, with low cost & holiday flights to destinations across Europe & beyond.
For details of how to book your flight, or if you are flying into Robin Hood Airport and would like to find out more about how to get to Motorpoint Arena, visit the airports official website.
Arena Event Car Parking
Nearly 1,000 on-site car parking spaces are available in Car Parks A & B with an additional parking facility at Car Park C within a 1 minute walk from the venue for 200 cars.
Car Park A - Attercliffe Road
This car park is on site and should be accessed through the entrance on Attercliffe Road (A6178). We recommend that you use this car park if you are travelling from M1 Junction 34, Meadowhall and the North.
Car Park B - Broughton Lane
This car park is on site and should be accessed through the entrance on Broughton Lane (A6102). We recommend that you use this car park if you are travelling from the M1 Junction 33 and the South.
Car Park C - Great Central
When there is sufficient demand Car Park C will be made available. This car park is a 1 minute walk from the venue and can be accessed through the entrance on Greenland Road (A6102). We recommend that you use this car park if you are travelling from the M1 Junction 33 and the South. Car park C is locked 1 hour after the end of a show and when there is no show at the venue the car park is locked.
Car Park D - Don Valley Bowl
Dependent upon the weather conditions there is a further over-flow car park next to the Arena in the Don Valley Bowl - Car Park D, the availability of this car park is dependent upon the weather and if in use you will be directed to this car park by the car park staff when you arrive.
Once you have purchased your car park ticket you can access & leave the Arena car park at any time on the day of the event. However when a show has more than one performance a day then a parking ticket will state a time that you can access the car park from and a time that you must leave the car park by. This is to ensure that customers attending the earlier or later show performances are able to access the Arena car park.
The car park ticket is only valid between the times printed on the ticket.
You must adhere to the times stated – penalty charges displayed throughout the car park will be enforced on all cars parking outside these times.
Click here to download the Pre-Paid Car Parking Information and Directions leaflet.